Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Will the Police Produce as Evidence? (Amusing but frightening too).

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Here is a little chuckle for you at Christmas. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

The following is a transcript of what was brought against me in court: -

“The first time I met Roy Catchpole, he looked scruffy. I was surprised when I next saw him and he was in church preaching at the service!”

The implication being that someone who, according to this person ‘looked scruffy’ at an informal tenpin bowling party on one occasion could ever be someone who could be an Anglican priest, preaching and presiding at the Communion Service.

or, again,

“…I recall thinking that he was an odd character. Someone told me he was a priest or a vicar and I was surprised because he doesn’t look like your typical vicar. When I met him he was wearing a hooded top and jeans and had some sort of necklace on. Obviously I wouldn’t have expected him to be wearing a dog-collar but I just thought that his clothing wasn’t what I would have expected for a ‘man of the cloth’… I saw that he was sat very casually. He was sat leaning on the arm of the sofa in a ‘lounging’ sort of position…this struck me as a little odd. I remember thinking that he looked very casual, as though he was sat in his own living room. I thought that this was unusual to be sat so casually in someone else’s house…”

God forbid the very thought that an Anglican priest could ever allow himself to be relaxed at a party in someone else’s home! Or that he could ever be seen wearing a hooded top and necklace at a friend’s party! Yes, somehow he could wear a frock in church and parade around the town in a long black dress, and that would be OK. This is the kind of professional transvestitism that is culturally acceptable in our society. But how could a clergyman ever be seen as dressing like an ordinary party-goer? Terrible! Do you know what? He probably sleeps with his wife as well! Send him to prison!

If you're on Twitter go to my page and look at my profile. It will cheer you up and remind you that you, too, even though falsely accused of sexual crime, are a natural human being. Continue to enjoy your life. Happy Season!

Have one on me, punters. :beer:

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
ha ha ha , thanks roy. i can see from your photo that you are a very suspicious character. have a good christmas.

regards charley

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
ha ha ha , thanks roy. i can see from your photo that you are a very suspicious character. have a good christmas.

regards charley
Exactly Charley. That's why I always get stopped at customs. Perhaps I should wear my cassock and a pointy hat all the time. Have a peaceful holiday. Good to see you laughing. :giggle:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I liked that guy who told the story of being from an Iranian father and an Irish mother...
and the places they spent their holidays...
customs.