Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"We Believe you" premiere

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Hope you find the film "powerful and moving" and thoughts on what we might do differently with the follow up, "At Her Majesty's Pleasure" are most welcome.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Well - my YouTube reports are
100 subscribers - since posting this!
and We Believe you has now had 5,000 views in that fortnight - Thanks everyone.
but...
if you can think of some more people to email the link to - please do...
to rival some nice soft puppies being cute we need to get past 5,000,000 views.

Stained Glass

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
It may be my blindness, Pat - but should I be able to access any of the uploaded individual stories currently?
Good wishes
Tonyx

Ah! I've now 'subscribed' to the 'We Believe You' Post - and have had Dai/Dave Evans's story in it's 25 min version offered to me to watch. Very impressive again & poignant. Thank you, Dai - and the film makers.

Last edited:

Fredzie

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Fantastic film, amazing and congratulations to all involved...
Just Anne Widdecome worrying a bit???
F

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I am livid with her for going back into politics and being a screaming idiot as she does so -
am looking with the editor at ways of cutting her out altogether now - without losing the statistics and links we have built up...

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
yeah. I agree, Patrick. It's really annoyed me to see how she's behaving, and I'm having to make excuses for her behaviour to my friends and supporters, saying "Well, she's a funny old bird, but she does believe in justice" or something of the sort. Farage of all people - especially in the light of this week's commemorations! Ugh.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
and more significantly - using her divisive new found populist position to champion the hatred of Gay people by declaring that science "may well soon find a cure for being Gay" -
Unfortunately she is in need of a cure for something else that cannot be cured - bigotry.

Last edited:

franticwithworry

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
I'm not sure she does believe in justice.

She seems to think that changing the law on pensions and leaving some women destitute is fair game and those who complain are 'whinging and whining'. Ultimately, she is a political animal and is inclined to say what she thinks is politically expedient at the time. Much like politicians who wave away concerns about wrongful convictions with 'They can always appeal. That's what the Court of Appeal is for'.

I don't have an appropriate adjective to use for such people.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Ultimately, she is a political animal and is inclined to say what she thinks is politically expedient at the time. Much like politicians who wave away concerns about wrongful convictions with 'They can always appeal. That's what the Court of Appeal is for'.
She believes in the principles - she also believes they are in operation (barring the politicisation of rape convictions) and in that she is, as you say , another of the famously ignorant who have not seen the dirty low down truth.

I am working on cutting her out of the film - but YouTube editing software is constantly failing me at the moment.

franticwithworry

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
If she believes that our justice system is operating in a way that dispenses justice she is deluded. As a politician it's her job to know far more about the workings of these things than the average person.

I believe in the principle that our politicians should be intelligent, educated, thinking individuals with the welfare of the country and the population at heart. I'm not daft enough to believe that they are. But cynic is my middle name. :)

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
and more significantly - using her divisive new found populist position to champion the hatred of Gay people by declaring that science "may well soon find a cure for being Gay" -
Unfortunately she is in need of a cure for something else that cannot be cured - bigotry.
WHAT? DID SHE REALLY SAY THAT? OMG! She wants dumping NOW!

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other

She seems to think that changing the law on pensions and leaving some women destitute is fair game and those who complain are 'whinging and whining'. Ultimately, she is a political animal and is inclined to say what she thinks is politically expedient at the time. Much like politicians who wave away concerns about wrongful convictions with 'They can always appeal. That's what the Court of Appeal is for'.

I don't have an appropriate adjective to use for such people.
Dear Frantic. I'm afraid you confirm something I have always by nature been reluctant to accept, but you are right. Expediency and the lust for power and prominence. I really do sometimes wonder if there ever was such an animal as an honest politician. Hoping all is well with you, by the way.

franticwithworry

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
I think that there are a few honest politicians even now, but they are so rare that among the many who are not, that they are much less effective than the population would like them to be. Also, the need to survive as a politician probably renders them less honest as time goes on, however determinedly honest they are when they enter the political arena. But that's another conversation.

Thank you for asking - all is as well as it can be at the moment.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
If you take another look at the film now you will see that it has zero Ann Widdecombe in it. (and zero me as well!)

Last edited:

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
If you take another look at the film now you will see that it has zero Ann Widdecombe in it. (and zero me as well!)
Good, yes. And bad, Yes. Could you not do an intro or epilogue? I know it's a lot to ask, but after all,you do look good apart from anything else...

Fredzie

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
šŸ‘ not good you out... but her yes! šŸŗ

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Due to the way YouTube and its own editing software (online) works - IF I want to add anything - it would involve re-editing the movie, and uploading it afresh
- all the links I have sent out - and that everyone else has sent out, would be either broken or to this version.
All the viewing statistics and analysis lost.

I weighed up the balance of all these factors and this was the best option