Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

warning part four

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Friday 10-00 , called into court and sat in the dock with my minder from the prison.

The judge called me out of the dock and instructed me to sit with my family in the public area.

The jury were called in and again instructed in their duties. Then they were sent out to discuss the verdict.

We were all asked to wait outside the courtroom while the judge listened to another case.

After an hour we were called back into court. My barrister came out to say that it was not the verdict but the jury was asking some questions. I went to sit in the dock and again the judge commented that I should not sit in the dock but to sit with my family.

The jury had sent a note to the judge asking to see the witness statements. He refused and stated that they should ask a question and he would help them in a legal manor.

Another wait while the jury came back in to listen to the judge who commented on the three questions. The jury retired and again we were asked to wait outside of the courtroom.

We were called back in very soon after and my barrister came to tell us that it was the verdict.

I went to sit in the dock with my prison guard.

The jury came in and took their places. I was asked to stand and face the jury.

Was I found guilty or not guilty. The foreman replied “ not guilty”

seven more times the foreman was asked the same question and each time the foreman replied “ not guilty”.

I do not recall what happened then. I had switched off. All that I could see in my minds eye was the eight charges brought against me.

Outside of the courtroom it was all hugs and kisses from my family. Except my wife. She could not face the verdict and had gone back to the witness support room. Some one dashed off to tell her. While still in court the jury foreman came across to wish us well.

What do I think of the trial ? Well I think that the judge and all those involved with the trial knew very well that I was falsely accused, it showed throughout.

The warning, never speak to the police without a solicitor present.

My next appointment is with my mp. I have a few demands for her .

Regards to all

pete.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
The underlying problem with the police process is evident here - and it is so common that, like the false rape allegation figures, no one wants to take it on board -

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
... and of course there is no ministry of love or duty of care for the traumatised victim(s) victims? = spouse, partner, children, relatives, friends, identity-community, work colleagues and perhaps above all, the legal system itself. "Go away now and live your life." How often that's said to the wrecked remnants of the human being that you were before this liar/fantasist and her supporters decided to shit all over you.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
and of course you are totally right about the solicitor present issue...
even if the solicitor is crap - having one there changes the way the police have to behave - and if you know how to use them (or have a half decent one) they will insist that the police show you/them what the allegations are and any summary of potential charges right at the start...

With no solicitor there they have free rein to ask you repetitive leading questions and make you feel and behave like a guilty man -
how we get this message across to those who have yet to be interviewed is another matter!