Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Boxer poem resonates with many of us.

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
Thanks for sharing this Roly, hadn't seen it. Although the lyrics and his motivation were unrelated to his false allegations, as pointed out in the media coverage one cannot help but draw parallel with some of the lines of the poem, particularly with the emotional delivery he gave. I've added this to my bookmarks, a source of strength for us all, and in that spirit I hope the Met police drop their ridiculous inquiry and exonerate him sooner rather than later - one struggles to see how the allegations could possibly stand up to scrutiny given recent events.

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
Brilliant! This was another one I missed but had read about in the news, where he performs in character. I can't help wondering whether the fact that he was performing in character was a defence mechanism - or perhaps it was just a good publicity angle.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
When we are subject to the trauma of FA, are we not all great actors? I copy, here, my thoughts from my website written 4 years ago.

"I would like to believe that others do not see through my mask, but I think I am deluding myself. I think it is a case that my posture, demeanour, grimaced smile and vacant eyes must intrigue and equally frighten others. If happiness on a scale of one to ten (where ten is best) I think most people sit, subject to the mood of the day, averaging between six and nine. I think I average between one and three.

There are people who want to inquire about me and my feelings, getting the vibe if you like, but they will not challenge me or pursue me when I say (when being asked about my health/feelings) "I'm fine, thank you" with the grimace. Their reaction is understandable. What can you do with someone who is not being honest about their feelings and insists on constantly protecting others? Most people will bring the conversation to a halt abruptly and then 'do a runner' if I say anything else. In reality the conversation will close when I fall into the 'Fine' (adolescent code for 'Fucked Up, Indignant, Neurotic and Emotional') response."