Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Our Mission: Like it or Not!

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Yesterday at 8:43 AM ·

I posted the following on my Facebook page:-

Confabulation. What is it?
Talking to some friends I realise people still don't understand what happened to me in court. I was charged with sexual abuse against a woman in my congregation. I was brought to trial. The first jury was a hung jury. So we went to trial a second time. This time it was suddenly revealed that the woman had been CONFABULATING. What is this 'confabulation'?

Dictionary definition is: Confabulation is a memory error defined as the production of fabricated, distorted, or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive.

In other words, the woman was making-up falsehoods.
In other words, she was fantasizing.
In other words - because the police and Crown Prosecution Service BELIEVED HER UNRESERVEDLY my life was ruined. An innocent man.

The police and Crown Prosecution then ALOLOGISED TO ME for a wrongfully prosecuting me.
So, did the church welcome me back into its fold?
NO.
Why not?
Well, I am forced to say, I DO WONDER. What are they afraid of?

The response of Andrew Harris – a local free-church leader was: -

Andrew Harris
" I am so sorry for you Roy, but as Jesus said on the cross, father forgive them they know not what they do. Love and blessings"

After getting really pissed-off by this, I settled down and remembered that some people are actually totally ignorant. Especially those who think they have got all the answers. Then, I remembered that I have a mission of my own. One I share with you. To enlighten the ignorant, bring light to those who sit in darkness, and to get justice.
So, like the reasonably good person that I am, I responded as follows:
-

Roy Catchpole Andrew Harris, If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that it is not about blaming anyone or failing to forgive anyone. My accuser (who is now deceased) was seriously mentally ill. She did not know she was giving false testimony. She was not to blame. In a sense she, too, was innocent. What my post is about is the matter of justice. It is a plea for support in my fight for a re-alignment of the way the prosecution system works in this country. It is a plea for the return of the ancient principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'. Since you are a church leader, it may help you to know that my mission is akin to that of the prophet Amos, who is calling for justice for the oppressed and release for the captives of miscarriages of justice. Since you have expressed an interest in this situation, in my capacity as the Correspondent for the national charity, F.A.C.T. https://factuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FACTion(Falsely Accused Carers and Teachers) I will be pleased to address your people on this subject, especially in relation to how the Church(es) might respond. I would like to thank you for your ongoing interest, and look forward to hearing from you. meanwhile, every blessing. My F.A.C.T. email address is, factcorrespondent@gmail.com
💋💋💋