Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No Support For Victims of Clerical Liars.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I am posting this here because after years of trying to get some closure from the Church of England, and nearing death myself, I remain stigmatized, persecuted, de-platformed and sidelined by the very institution that I have served for many decades. It is recent correspondence between me and a bishop, trying to get an apology from two serving clergymen for spreading malicious lies about me.
Dear Bishop
Thank you for your reply and your determination to dispel any rumours that may be around. You will recall that I would also need an apology for the rumours that have been spread around by these two clergy, since me and my family have been and continue to be damaged by them.
Kind regards.
Roy.

Dear Roy

As I said to you when we met I can dispel rumours. However I cannot be responsible for the behaviour of other people, for good or ill and therefore I am not willing to be drawn into ongoing relationship difficulties which have gone on now for a considerable time. I am sorry that these cannot be resolved more locally.

+Bishop's name
I am thinking of sending the following reply. What do you think?

Dear Bishop,
This is not a ‘relationship difficulty.’
There are two clergy here who have been and so far as I know continue to spread lies concerning me. I have two clergy and one respected lay witnesses to the fact.
What I am asking you to do is not to try to resolve a relationship difficulty.
I am asking you to stop these lies and to ask these people for a written apology.
Linda and I thought we had made ourselves clear.
I am sorry that you are unable to pursue this for us except to prevent these liar from continuing to spread their rumours..
I will investigate other means to clear my name from the damage cause by these liars.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Dear Bishop,

Thank you for your reply
(Always butter them up, make them - people in High Office - feel important! Also acknowledge they have put in time to help you with your problem).

I have considered your position and accept it is not the easiest situation to resolve. I do not consider their remarks as a 'professional' or 'personal relation difficulty', per se. Because . . . . . . . (I don't really know the events, so you need to fill in the information. Even it includes repeating something - so long as you do not bang on about it.)

However, I ask for your support, and good offices, to advise me on how I might move forward and not encounter their repeated . . . . . (remarks, communications you know about and can identify etc,etc,)

All I and Linda have sought is closure and the full acceptance that I was falsely and wrongly accused. The whole situation is a history that I wish to put behind me.

(A message from Roly: Dear Roy, We are all frustrated with the 'No smoke without fire' pedlars and a process that seems never ending. I have found that each letter I write contains only one point or one request. I always think that, greater than money compensation, a sincere apology is a way of building bridges, when things have gone wrong. Money compensation is a punishment for those who have caused harm and, in my opinion, creates further division. So I like to see an apology, but some people take a long time to get there. I think expressing that you are open and not out for vengeance - which I think is the case with you - will also gain support from the Bishop. I am in a disadvantage as I don't really know you and how you play your metaphorical 'Game of Chess'. Hopefully some of this helps. My game is played with softening someone up and then if necessary bringing the 'baseball bat' from behind!)

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Well, my friend. This was how I used to feel. But it's been going on now for five years. Forgive and move on. Just an apology, and then, no problem. But, you know, there is much more to it than this. From their point of view, an apology is a live grenade, which can be lobbed in at any time. An apology implies a recognition of guilt. "Sorry. I have wronged you." So no apology. But one of the episcopal roles, as we have all discovered in recent years is to protect the institution from the suggestion that it is now or has ever been soft on abusers - especially sexual ones. Indeed, further to that, that the institution has ever knowingly employed, or continued to employ sexual - or any other kind of abusers, SUCH AS LIARS IN HIGH OFFICE, FOR EXAMPLE. So it's OK for liars in the congregation to make false allegations against their vicar (such as me), because women don't tell lies about that sort of thing, and the church grabs this wonderful and golden opportunity TO SHOW JUST HOW MUCH IT HAS NEVER KNOWING EMPLOYED OR ENTERTAINED EVEN THE IDEA OF SUPPORTING SEXUAL ABUSERS IN ITS RANKS. (That is, me!) but then, when it is proven by the state that the REAL LIAR was the so-called 'vulnerable female' and the REAL VICTIM was the innocent vicar, well, what can you, the institution, do? YOU WERE WRONG. YOU BACKED THE WRONG HORSE. But how can you, the church, which claims to be nigh-on infallible in these matters of safeguarding, good judgement and probity, ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PERSECUTING THE WRONG PERSON? Difficult. And then, after all of that, this INNOCENT VICAR come and says to the bishop, "These two of your clergymen are putting it about that there are FOUR OTHER WOMEN WAITING TO MAKE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ME", what do you, as the bishop, DO? Shit! "Ah. I know. We'll treat him like an adolescent and tell him it's all about a 'relationship difficulty'." Like - yeah? I'm 73 years old and a PhD, and I'm dying! Do you really think I would give a shit about a mere relationship difficulty with a couple of corrupt, lying clerics? No, brother, I am concerned with JUSTICE and CORRUPTION IN HIGH PLACES. The church? Interested only in protecting its (wrongly believed by many of its leading members to be perfect) reputation.
:):beer: have a beeR on me, mate.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
I am sorry to hear that you are dying, as I think we need people with your resilience to be around for a long time and I hope you go on for longer than you, or anyone else expects. The issues that surround sexual abuse are yet to be revealed to their fullest, and the damage 'false' accusations have perpetuated on UK (and the US) is still imponderable.

In my professional position, I was one of those who fought to get the Police and Social Services to listen to children. The sad thing is that the whole area has been hi-jacked by the #metoo feminists, the Childrens Charities (at times of austerity using every underhand means to promote their cause and get a bigger slice of the emotional contribution guilt 'cake'), the Police service who ignored or mishandled many domestic cases (as they were not trained) and agencies ignoring real sexual abuse. Most of which happens behind the closed front doors of Britain by immediate relations and not so many, as could be concluded, of the 'dirty old men flashing their macs'. We have seen the massive growth of a speculative legal industry promoting 'No win/No fee' compensation claims. Agency after agency have hyped up people who would have, in the past, been indifferent, taking their leads from politicking senior Police officers, the BBC, badly informed politicians and charities. They espouse unsupported data as they project emotional ‘silage’ (where mud sticks), by questionable numeric pronouncements and claims (mostly not supported by empirical evidence as they ‘pluck numbers out of the air’), from which the public take their cue. For example there are claims that there are between 100,000 and 750,000 Paedophiles in the UK (as reported by Chief Constable Simon Bailey), no doubt lurking in every park, on every street corner, in every youth club and are resident in all Scout/Guide groups and colt sporting activities. So we have a country according to senior politicians that is plagued by sexual abuse and perpetrated on adult and child.

The contiguous damage from these sensational claims leaves me cold, not only because I am a true victim of a false accusation but the actions of the Police ebb into society, which in turn has become the true loser. A society and community I used to care for (and I am confident you did). Society has to now endure ongoing Police propaganda (mostly to highlight issues to get greater funding for their institution) as they have hindered the desire for the average ‘mum and dad’ to offer support to youth organisations. A whole generation and possibly others will miss out on opportunities as the UK voluntary sector goes into melt down, through fear about adult motives, especially males. The Police have a great focus on males. (As I have already written on this site) This is contemptuous to academic research, something the Police service needs to acquaint itself with, by the ‘Lucy Faithful Foundation’ who concluded that 20% of prosecuted paedophiles are female. If we rely on figures from people like Simon Bailey, the conclusion (through aggregation) is that there are up to 30 serving Police officers in my local area of 'Devon and Cornwall Police' who are engaged in paedophile activities and need to be sought out, arrested and investigated to protect the children of Devon and Cornwall, today. The Police service have yet to learn to be careful with using inaccurate, conjured and speculative data because it is data they espouse which can be used against them.

The adult #metoo movement is silage, with many not looking for any justice, in my opinion. They are looking to these successful, high profile, monied men to give them pay out.

As a person who has never harmed another person, I finds myself somersaulting in my thoughts. As someone who feels dispossessed, not connected with my society and community, it is hard not to have very deep thoughts and to take actions that that could emotionally destroy others. The anger is unresolved, but I have agreement with my self (this is a promise position and I have never in my life broken a promise), that as I have been placed in this position, there is no action or crime I could commit that would leave me in a worse living position, I venture forth with (as it were) 'Gay abandon' to a specific position. Very soon I will be going very public and I would like to join hands with you, in support, with a wish that you see a greater closure than you have seen to date.

Last edited: