Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mp.

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
good day, we have been to see our local member of parliament. spent 30 minutes discussing the complicated matter of historical sexual abuse.
we discussed the police proceedure from the first contact to the trial at crown court. why are they trained to ignore the facts that are staring them in the face.
we then asked why the cps decided to bring the case to court without any evidence. we are led to believe that they have to be 100% sure of a conviction before going to trial.
did they study the social services evidence covering my accusers life , which would have given them concern regarding the truth of the matter. the police officer at my interview was informed that they must have the social services information , which confirmed my statement
the lack of any information from any quarter regarding help for myself and my family. but, everyone bends over backwards to help my accuser.

the legal aid system was discussed with regard to demands with threats of further action from of all people , baliffs......

the trial was also discussed, why did the cps barrister followed by the defence barrister go to town with my accuser. i was left with the feeling that everybody involved with the trial knew that it was all false.
even the judge asked me not to sit in the dock with a prison warder but to sit with my family in the public gallery.

my mp has promised to take our concerns to parliament, but, with the chaos going on in parliament, anything could happen. she herself could be out of a job.

we hope that we have been able to help.

it as been seven weeks since the trial and i am still wondering what happened.

take care everybody.

regards pete.

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
It's nice to see you back Charley, with what sounds like positive news. I know a few people have spoken to their MP about their own experiences with false allegations and the injustices, only to receive something of a fob-off response and a slew of excuses not to take things further.

Have you thought about preparing a written submission to the upcoming APPG inquiry? They are reviewing the role of the CCRC, but also looking at wider issues such as disclosure, so it may be worth writing a short piece on disclosure and perhaps have your MP sign it. Although the government business is choked with Brexit, there is still the opportunity for your MP to write to the Minister for Justice and raise concerns on your behalf.

Legal Aid is in such an awful mess though, if the State brings charges against you and those charges are dismissed, then you should not be left having to sell your home under the threat of repossession in order to cover the cost of defending yourself, just another of Theresa May's cock-ups, obliterating the already diluted compensation scheme for the wrongfully accused.

I hope that you're all recovering well and finding that a little bit of campaigning here and there gives you a sense of purpose and brings about some healing, I've found that some days campaigning is all that keeps me ticking over.

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
hi matt, my son has all that in hand. a full diary of the events from start to finish. a copy of this was handed to our mp. the diary is being shared on line to all our friends and then later to the general public.
i have now been paid back all the contributions toward legal aid, plus, £47 expenses for my court expenses.
this morning we are off on holiday to norfolk. we have aquired a camping trailer. starting at the bottom again.

my best regards. charley [pete]

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
Fantastic to hear that Pete, and I'm happy to hear that you've both still got the fighting spirit. I know that the trial process leaves many just wanting to bury all of the memories and try to forget that it's all happened. I was like that myself for a while.

Will keep my fingers crossed for some nice weather for you up in Norfolk, either way the fresh air of the country breeze will no doubt do you the world of good!

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
AH. Norfolk. I'm from Suffolk. I know what the chatterati say about us from the East Coast. I think it's jealousy. Enjoy that bracing air and vast prairies, huge sky, endless horizon and freedom!