Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Modern-Day Witch Hunts

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I lookedon Google for this topic. Africa's there; Papua New Guinea as you might expect, and a whole list of other countries. But guess what? Apparently there is no such thing as a witch-hunt in UK today...

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Yes it's a figment of our imagination! It sits along side of the veracity of 'Midsomer murders' and of course it must be in my dreams that I see the public proclamations of Senior Police officers, calling for 'others' to come forward, to add to the weight of evidence against an individual. Is anyone else haunted by these 'nightmare' dreams?

There is a billion pound industry (legal bods, social workers, charities, medical people, Police overtime etc,.) who have benefited from the claimed non existent 'Witch Hunts', but here is the nub; there seems to be ten times greater than the 'Salem' Witch Hunts, but then maybe these costs are a product of my 'nightmare' dreams as well!

Last edited:

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Indeed, Millroly. Others are haunted by these debilitating 'nightmare dreams'. Some, so gravely that they take their own lives as what you might say, with your fondness for quotations, "A consummation devoutly to be wished..." Mental torture and night terrors are, for some, part of the deal unfortunately... I can say however that for me, it has got better over the years.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
The main thing that stays with me is sheer anger. For someone formerly deemed in a ‘position of trust’, there was always high expectations (and many legal expectations, with my professional and life behaviour governed by Acts of Parliament). The expectations that were placed on me were beyond that of integrity, probity, honour and duty. These expectations are governed by legal frameworks. When doubt about someone’s character is raised, then it becomes notoriously difficult to regain ground and reputations are destroyed within seconds from what can be a 'Witch Hunt'.

Clearly the proven actions of North Yorkshire Police, with their use of the deprivation of food and drink was a ‘punishment’ by officers determining ‘from their tactics … they thought they had ‘Mr.Big’ of the paedophile world treating me as someone to revile. There was a further re-enforcement of this cultural attitude, with the handing over of a ‘Lucy Faithful Foundation’ leaflet that inferred guilt by default, as the target audience for the leaflet was those who had been prosecuted.

There were times when I really thought my life would be put back on track after the arrest investigation was concluded, but that has clearly been a delusion on my part. Those people in the past who would have provided me with support and counsel, when this was needed, just disappeared out my life as the Police service sought to convict me, flagged me as an unworthy and dangerous person; with those persons taking their cues from the Police actions, with me having accept the ‘court of public judgement’, which is harsh and is swaged to the ‘no smoke without fire’ pedlars. Of which there are many in professional circles who exposed themselves to this; and the wider world who cannot reason towards innocence when it is clear that there was no evidence.