Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Law in Action BBC radio 4 Tuesday 13th November 16:00

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Right now, as I write...
going to feature "Should juries be vetted for bias in rape trials...?"

Think it might be worth a listen

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Just checked out what became apparent in that interview - @DrDomWillmott is what Men's rights activists would call a "rabid mangina" -
i.e. he is a champion of the Feminist myths, very keen to be seen as an active ally in the fight against justice while supposedly be all for it... so much so that he is suggesting juries need to be challenged on the old myths, but not on the new ones that his identity politics group have enforced.

I have asked him some questions on "rape myths" on twitter
somehow I can feel that this fight to swim against the tide will not produce anything - he seems to be utterly sunk into the #FalseFeminist trough

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
This is new to me. I just looked this up.
'Mangina'.

I like it. It's given me a word to describe a lot of people I know. Very useful. Thanks for this extension to my vocabulary. Does anyone have any more?:ROFLMAO:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Funniest thing is the quick Twitter exchange I attempted...

- me to @DrDomWillmott

"Don't be deciding on what questions to ask jurors about rape myths, until we hear your answers to these ones:
"Women never lie about being raped" ?
"Most women who lie about sexual assault are prosecuted for it" ?
"women report rape at 4 x the proportion of men" ? "

To which he replied
"Only 3% of rape accusations are false, it's the government's own statistic."

to which I sent my usual pinned tweet response:

"2017-18 :
54,000 rapes reported to Police

British Crime Survey says 15% of 85,000 women reported their rape to police.

The worst statistical error in history?
don't even try and kid me women don't lie about rape."

But he deleted his Tweet immediately.

so I sent him this: -
@DrDomWillmott
"Was your repetition of the real rape myth deleted due to embarrassment?
understandable".

The mangina is running scared.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other

- me to @DrDomWillmott

"Don't be deciding on what questions to ask jurors about rape myths, until we hear your answers to these ones:

To which he replied

"2017-18 :

@DrDomWillmott
understandable".

Keep the pressure on Patrick, as I am sure you will. He appears to have a lot of influence in his area of work at the university. I'm wondering if someone or a group of people from this pub plus others might obtain a platform for at least one debate on his turf? We could take your/our film with us and get some notice-stands purchased. ...Thinking further about this, even if we were refused permission (de-platformed), at least that would give us more ammunition in the cause.

Last edited:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
these Manginas are everywhere - we have a massive task to turn this thing around.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other

- me to @DrDomWillmott

To which he replied

"2017-18 :

@DrDomWillmott
understandable".

Message me with an explanation for a lay person please!!!

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Hi Roy - I figure if it's too hidden/complex for you I best expand it for everyone else here as well...

As you have recently discovered the word "Mangina" - I should let other people know - that having heard this DrDom sell his jury training idea on "Law In Action", I was pretty sure that he was the very definition of just that thing.

That is, he is not only a fully paid up member of the "feminism is me" club but he is actually trying to make a career out of impressing the feminishits with his busy perpetuation of the myths they have embedded in our culture.

His method for training juries involved asking them questions that he described as being for the purpose of teasing out prejudice, but include many aspects that are blatantly steered towards embedding just such propaganda, alongside the accepted truths such as, "What a woman wears can never be considered as being to blame for being raped"...

He is in that camp that not only wants to eliminate victim blaming, (I'm fine with that, as a victim,) but also wants to eliminate the possibility of women being held responsible for any sexual encounter - or ever be thought to have lied about it.

So I posted my own initial set of 3 questions designed to tease out what he saw as myths and realities about rape...
and BINGO,
Straight away he replied with that old monster, "only 3% of rape accusations are false" .
now while I was writing my standard reply to that BS he must have deleted the tweet, because as soon as I hit send - it bounced saying, "cannot reply to a deleted tweet"...
hence my comment about his clearly being embarrassed by his own ignorance.

I am sorry he didn't choose to try and debate/answer the 2nd question. - most women who lie about rape are prosecuted for it...
Because I believe this is a key to unlocking some serious discussion among lawyers and law minded people.
Of all those accused of rape, e.g. the 54,000 last year - less than 3% will be convicted of any crime.
Of all those false accusers, that we have calculated at 20,000- 30,000 (they say 1,600), only 21 were prosecuted but 95% were convicted.
The CPS are told to weigh up case files they receive from the police and go for prosecution if the chances of a conviction appear to be 50% or better.
So what these figures say is that, in allegations of rape they are pushing through crap cases to the CPS by the thousand - and The CPS are pushing WAY too many of those to charges.
but in allegations of PCJ for false accusers - nearly all the cases are successful - unprecedented.
and indicative that there must be thousands of cases out there that they never even look at...
OF course! - because the police do not present such cases - due to the Feminist myth being super embedded.
and it should be no surprise to learn that at least 10% of those PCJ cases were where accusers had lied about being raped by a policeman.

so DrDom - the scaredy cat, saw my tweet and instantly responded but deleted it before I could reply...
why? we can only guess.
but I know he can do the maths - 54,000 recorded rape allegations but only 14,500 genuine rape victims reporting it to the police...
notwithstanding the issues of historic accusations, (10,000 last year, which IMO have an even higher falsehood rate) and male victims ( less than 500 in total) - there is no way past the statistic showing that between 20,000 and 30,000 of those recorded allegations were made by women who were not in fact raped, - or in layman's terms, "liars".

Last edited: