Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It's going to be a big week ahead

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
:love: hopefully a brilliant one for all of us in terms of increased conversation - increased impact, and a fire lit by the film and innovation of Justice conference this Saturday 23rd.

watch this space for some useful developments and send people here next week to talk turkey about what we can do to help each other in the face of a justice system that appears to need a complete rebuild.

Reactions: Liz

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Wow - great conference and very moving speakers,
the two who had spent many years in prison for crimes they did not commit - Eddie Gilfoyle and Michael O'Brien, were magnificent in showing their hearts and keeping up the fight.

Our film went down well, and we had well over 50 feedback forms - some of which made points that I think we will use to have a review of how the film is cut together. All of the reviewers chose, from the 5 options, that they were either very moved, or extremely moved by it
and the main reason was the truth and openhearted nature of all the participants.

There is so much to discuss - prompted by the film, prompted by the conference content - prompted by whatever forum members feel about the way we are trying to go...

Please do join in.

Fredzie

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Fantastic everything went well Patrick!
How long is the film and where does it go now? Where else can it be shown to make an impact?
Well done have a beer on me ...
F

Fredzie

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Oh and when can we watch this film?
Im going to try and make the next conference is it Birmingham? Hope to meet you and Matt then (y):beer:

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Brilliant inspiring and empowering day in Cardiff. Such knowledge, wisdom and understanding and enthusiasm among everyone present. I think we have lit a fire in this land today that will spread throughout the UK and even beyond and bring light into some very dark places. I am writing to my bishop today to encourage him and his acolytes to get on board this moving vehicle! Maybe you could do likewise to the leaders of your (former) institutions... Wish me well.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Oh and when can we watch this film?
Im going to try and make the next conference is it Birmingham? Hope to meet you and Matt then (y):beer:
it's 35 minutes - but still some tweaking to do after the feedback at the conference.
the premier of the polished final cut will be in Birmingham - at St Luke's Church, where they are holding the FACT conference on 18th May
It may well be up on line before then if we consider it finished and need some feedback .

Liz

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
Many, many congratulations on a brilliant film which we thought struck a perfect balance. It must have taken so much work and can only say that it is going to help so many people so much, in all sorts of different ways. Thank you for all your amazing work. I am still finding my way around here so hope you get this safely.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Many, many congratulations on a brilliant film which we thought struck a perfect balance. It must have taken so much work and can only say that it is going to help so many people so much, in all sorts of different ways. Thank you for all your amazing work. I am still finding my way around here so hope you get this safely.
You are doing fine Liz (y):cocktail: