Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Innovation of Justice - Cardiff

anniebrodieakers

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Innovation of Justice is coming to Cardiff.

We are a non-profit campaign which is centred around Miscarriages of Justice and False Allegations. We hosted our first event last November in Manchester, which saw over 200 people attend, and our second conference is set for the 23rd March 2019 at Cardiff University.

To name a few of the speakers, we have;

Michael A O'Brien, who served 11 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. Mike now spends his time working with the family court and motivational speaking.

Siobhán McConville, who is the wife if Brendan McConville, who is one of the Craigavon 2, who are currently in their tenth year of a prison sentence, for a murder which they didn't commit.

Simon Warr, a teacher and BBC contributor, who was falsely accused of historic sexual abuse.

Michelle Diskin-Bates, the sister of Barry George, who was wrongfully imprisoned for the murder of Jill Dando. Barry served eight years in prison.

Jerry Hayes & Julia Smart, the Prosecution and Defence council who advocated in the trial of Liam Allan, a student who was falsely accused of rape and sexual assault and was subsequently acquitted following disclosure failures.

Mark Robinson, a trainee solicitor who grew up in a disadvantaged London background, who fell into the wrong crowd and had to represent himself in Court, after he was falsely accused of assaulting someone.

The preview of the documentary, "we believe you", and a chance for audience reactions.

We also have more speakers, and more information & tickets can be found by following the link below...
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/innovation-of-justice-cardif…

I'll see you in March! Any queries at all, either pop me a message on here (likely the hardest way to get in touch with me though...), or email innovationofjustice@protonmail.com

The cost of the tickets includes your entry fee, food and refreshments provided throughout the day
:)
x

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
It makes me wonder if any of the lovely Cardiff based CPS lawyers who didn't bother to check the evidence in our case will be there to hear Liam/Jerry/Julia explain what the consequences of such decisions can be...
CPS Lawyers? If a CPS lawyer turns up and faces up to their sins, I'll buy a trilby and devour it in one!

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
It makes me wonder if any of the lovely Cardiff based CPS lawyers who didn't bother to check the evidence in our case will be there to hear Liam/Jerry/Julia explain what the consequences of such decisions can be...
Now that would be something worth witnessing. People keep excusing themselves by saying , "Lessons have been learned." It would be really nice to see some of them actually detailing exactly what lessons have been learned and what reparations and changes in the rules have been made as a consequence. I'm not asking for sackcloth-and-ashes, but a little bit of actual penitence would be an encouragement to all of us who spend our time trying to get the beast off its backside. Just sayin… By the way, it's a lovely sunny day down here in Dorset. Almost makes you believe things might be changed...