Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I will come and speak to your group

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I want you to know that I am now ready to give talks to your groups, in conferences, parish meetings, religious groups including all and any group of believers, political, health, and social clubs, schools, Rotary, Masonic, and anywhere that will hear the story.

This is the story of corruption in high places, the covering-up of evidence in the courts. The destructive underfunding of a just and fair legal system.
Do you realize that the final conviction of Carl Beech the paedophile and serial liar who has wrecked so many noble lives is a victory in one sense only? A criminal has been found out. But in every other way, this is a sorry and wicked tale of incompetence, political ambition holding truth and justice in contempt, of revenge and greed and naivety in the Metropolitan police beyond belief.
It is the story of corrupt journalists and journalism and of judges in the high court being deliberately misled by senior police officers.

But friends, this is not some Banana Republic.

This is the barely-United Kingdom, once-Great Britain in 2019.

This you are going to find hard to believe. But I'll give it to you anyway. Why did the Met believe this serial liar?

...Because his mother was a vicar and his father was an army major.. Big house in the small village where everyone touches their forelock. Yes. That's exactly how it is in Creation-Believing 6,000-year-old-universe, homosexual-hating rural England. ...and by the way, according to reports this female vicar (who believed her son's lies - some clergy will believe anything) was being regularly beaten-up by a violent alcoholic spouse who was eventually kicked out of his profession.

Being a Church of England Vicar I've had forelocks touched at me in tiny English villages! You don't get more middle-class than that! Local power. Local influence. Local wealth.

So why did they believe Carl Beech, the liar?

They believed him, I quote, "Because of his middle-class credentials."

Book me now. No crap. Invite me to address your group. I will charge travelling expenses only (…and maybe flog you a copy of my book). XX

Last edited:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I'm loving your middle class credentials Roy.

priests all come from the upper classes don't you know - fourth son and all that...

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Yeah. I know. The registrar General's Classification is an irony that's always amused me - being, as I am, a snotty-nosed, almost penniless working-class ex borstal-boy. Just shows how wrong generalisations can be.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I love that you became a priest from that background - and always have a quiet smile when people research my own family background and realise that my paternal grandfather was a bishop and "member of the elite" (upper class) - that meant that his two eldest sons both became priests and his eldest daughter married a priest who then became his biographer.

From that lofty and landed position we have worked our way down to become the struggling middle class. (financial loss being largely to do with an uninsured fire at the family home in 1895, when my grandfather was a child, sadly including the loss of a splendid library).

But I bet the church would have had more sleepless nights excluding my father from its institution on a flimsy not guilty case than it appears to have had excluding you, purely on the basis that class attitudes have very much not been eliminated from the corridors of power...
hence an incompetent and ignorant, arrogant buffoon can become Prime Minister, when all the evidence shows that an Eton and Oxbridge education, no matter how expensive, cannot turn a bumbling buffoon into a competent minister of the crown.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
(As a declared conservative voter) I am beyond bemused that this bumbling idiot, is going to be the caretaker of our lives! Britain has always prided itself in presenting itself through great orators (even ones we might not have liked), Boris is not one!

Last edited:

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I love that you became a priest from that background - and always have a quiet smile when people research my own family background and realise that my paternal grandfather was a bishop and "member of the elite" (upper class) - that meant that his two eldest sons both became priests and his eldest daughter married a priest who then became his biographer.

From that lofty and landed position we have worked our way down to become the struggling middle class. (financial loss being largely to do with an uninsured fire at the family home in 1895, when my grandfather was a child, sadly including the loss of a splendid library).

But I bet the church would have had more sleepless nights excluding my father from its institution on a flimsy not guilty case than it appears to have had excluding you, purely on the basis that class attitudes have very much not been eliminated from the corridors of power...
hence an incompetent and ignorant, arrogant buffoon can become Prime Minister, when all the evidence shows that an Eton and Oxbridge education, no matter how expensive, cannot turn a bumbling buffoon into a competent minister of the crown.
Ha Ha. But also Sad and Angry.

franticwithworry

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
(As a declared conservative voter) I am beyond bemused that this bumbling idiot, who is going to be the caretaker of our lives! Britain has always prided itself in presenting itself through great orators (even ones we might not have liked), Boris is not one!
Even, (maybe especially), Eton old boys can be educated beyond their intellects and promoted beyond their talents. Knowing a lot of big fancy words means nothing but impresses many, unfortunately. People keep telling me that it's great that we have a 'funny' PM and that he has charisma. I can't see it myself. He's a Churchill wannabe.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Even, (maybe especially), Eton old boys can be educated beyond their intellects and promoted beyond their talents. Knowing a lot of big fancy words means nothing but impresses many, unfortunately. People keep telling me that it's great that we have a 'funny' PM and that he has charisma. I can't see it myself. He's a Churchill wannabe.
I am very happy to speak to Etonians, having addressed the Oxford Union in my younger days. The posher, the better, since they seem to be the ones who decide wots-wot most of the time.

Last edited:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I know a couple of really nice old Etonians - and of course there should be a huge number - having had all that privilege should make you worldly...
yes.
The shame is there is nothing to stop the very well off from sending the dregs that they have managed to spawn to that place and have them polished up, ready to impress the establishment with their knowledge of all the codes of ruling the empire...

trouble is - we aren't an empire any more.
Johnson seems to think we can get back to being one by sounding like - as suggested - a Churchill wannabe - and a very pathetic one at that. We will be even worse off than we are now over the next 10 years - unless by some miracle all the suicidal carpet bagging types commit lemmingcide.

franticwithworry

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
I wasn’t meaning to insult Old Etonians. Any or all of them. But I think you know that. :)

I’m sure most are very nice people. However, I don’t think that all that privilege necessarily makes them worldly as privilege tends to offer a good deal of shelter. I also don’t think it should give them a passport to be as over-represented in Parliament as they are. They have no special right to decide wots-wot and just as the justice system has been skewed in favour of ‘victims’ the whole system has been skewed in their favour. Once again we have a Cabinet of millionaires rather than appropriately qualified people.

Truly, I suspect that people like me and you know more about their world than they do of ours and empathy is not high on their list of attributes.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Absolutely - understood.
the embedding of privilege so as to ensure that wealth is conserved for the wealthy is a sickening background to my 63 years on the planet - and all the years before.