Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Have you been accused?

Summer

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Hello Members of the Pig & Crown,

Summer Films is currently researching the effect that being accused of rape or sexual assault can have on a person’s life, and the lives of their families. The research is for a documentary project that we’re developing.

If you or a loved one is aged 16-35 and has been under investigation, involved in a trial, or appealed a conviction involving an allegation of rape or sexual assault, we would be really interested to hear your story and experiences of the Criminal Justice System. There would be no obligation to take part in the documentary, but for research purposes we are looking to speak to as many people as possible to ensure we’re accurately representing people’s experiences. For your reassurance, any conversation would be confidential.

If you would be open to sharing your experiences in confidence and without judgement, please get in touch with Huw on 020 8065 0296 or by emailing huw@summerfilms.co.uk.

Many thanks for your time.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Hello Members of the Pig & Crown,

Summer Films is currently researching the effect that being accused of rape or sexual assault can have on a person’s life, and the lives of their families. The research is for a documentary project that we’re developing.

If you or a loved one is aged 16-35 and has been under investigation, involved in a trial, or appealed a conviction involving an allegation of rape or sexual assault, we would be really interested to hear your story and experiences of the Criminal Justice System. There would be no obligation to take part in the documentary, but for research purposes we are looking to speak to as many people as possible to ensure we’re accurately representing people’s experiences. For your reassurance, any conversation would be confidential.

If you would be open to sharing your experiences in confidence and without judgement, please get in touch with Huw on 020 8065 0296 or by emailing huw@summerfilms.co.uk.

Many thanks for your time.
I have spoken to a rep from Summer Films this afternoon. Matilda. Any comments welcome. I understand the research is fully commissioned by BBC Channel 3. Thanks.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
BBC3 - aimed at the age group stated -
of course - just as with pensions and good dentistry - they will not be interested in the perils of being older in a world full of false accusers who know that historic cases are easier to bluff about.
That means myself and many other forum members are disqualified from being in this film and having the forlorn shot at warning them.

franticwithworry

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
Just one more instance where you're on the scrap heap/irrelevant/invisible by the time you are approaching middle age. Sorry - perhaps I'm a bit more jaded than usual today but I'm increasingly irritated by a world that thinks only teenagers and those in their 20's are entitled to a voice. An overstatement, I know, but like I said, perhaps I'm a bit more jaded than usual today.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
perhaps I'm a bit more jaded than usual today.
being jaded is definitely an inevitable end product of this process.
but its no use bemoaning the young their detachment from how things work for the older generations - when I was in my 20s I wanted the world to revolve around my energetic age group too.
This is partly why I decided to make my own film
-and not try and depend on those who showed interest from the BBC
and I had three separate people pursuing me saying they were very serious and would soon get back, - and two of them did so, again interviewing and expressing keen interest - but after that - nothing but tumbleweed.

My false accuser is now 38 -
she is destined for a long and painful middle age of screwed up fantasy gone wrong.
I don't envy the young -
I do wish we lived in a UK where Feminism was not a dirty word describing a despoiled enterprise for equality.
That's my jadedness coming through.

franticwithworry

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
I’m not bemoaning those in their 20’s and their detachment. That’s not what I said at all. :)

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I’m not bemoaning those in their 20’s and their detachment. That’s not what I said at all. :)
it was more of a reference to how I often feel - and what is portrayed in the press any time the generation gap is mentioned.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
There is a point to all of this however, which ought not to be missed. The young falsely accused have not yet made anything. We older people have. We have formed a life, made families, entered professions and careers and been successful. We have made a contribution. For myself, I have created a career, a family, and actually managed to produce an original idea and new knowledge in my PhD work. So, as older people we have actually had SOMETHING TO LOSE by these liars and fantasists. In short, feeling jaded is putting it mildly, franticwithworry. Whilst younger people - such as Liam Allen for example, have been victims of false accusers, I dare to say they have not lost what we have lost - their deprivation may be rescued and put right - hopefully by what we are doing to fight against the injustice - but as for us? There is little hope either that we will retrieve what has been stolen from us, or even that we would wish to, as in my case. I would not return to my church profession if I were shacked to wild horses to drag me back. I have learned too much and seen too many former friends and colleagues back away in my time of trouble. 'Feeling Jaded'? No. You have every right to feel totally pissed off!

franticwithworry

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
Thanks, Roy. There is another aspect to all of this that seems to be forgotten at times too. The primary focus in the media what is euphemistically called ‘date rape’, the kind of accusation that can eventually be put behind you because you never have to see that person again, and this again is something that affects younger people in the main and probably what the focus of Summer Films will be.

Not nearly so much is said about people accused by ex-partners when children are involved or historical accusations made by adult children. Those people find it much more difficult to talk about their ordeals for fear of naming their accuser and the problems that will rain down on their heads as a result.

The gaping hole that losing family members, those who falsely accuse and those who mistakenly believe, cannot be described; can never be repaired.

A new way of being has to be learned that I wouldn’t wish on anyone., and the number of older people jailed and likely innocent is a national disgrace of which no-one speaks.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
anything in which the word Paedophile can be applied has a much heavier connotation - and a bigger chance of a jury finding guilt (research shows) -
also the press are not half as interested in old men wrongly accused or convicted as young good looking men.
It matters not if 4 of 5 men accused, and facing a total of 90 years in prison, are complete strangers to the false accuser - she can wreak havoc on their lives as long as the police are stupid enough, and badly trained enough, to allow the little myth spinner to wrap them around her finger instead of investigating properly.

Which is why some of us are strategically ( 3 year plan) going after the police concerned with the objective of putting them in jail for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
anything in which the word Paedophile can be applied has a much heavier connotation - and a bigger chance of a jury finding guilt (research shows) -
also the press are not half as interested in old men wrongly accused or convicted as young good looking men.
It matters not if 4 of 5 men accused, and facing a total of 90 years in prison, are complete strangers to the false accuser - she can wreak havoc on their lives as long as the police are stupid enough, and badly trained enough, to allow the little myth spinner to wrap them around her finger instead of investigating properly.

Which is why some of us are strategically ( 3 year plan) going after the police concerned with the objective of putting them in jail for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
Absolutely brilliant, Patrick. Such an encouragement to so many people reading your positivity and courage and informed and intelligent determination. I am sure you are aware of how supportive your personal attitude is to so many people- myself included. We are also aware, some of us, of the demands this makes on you So you remain constantly in our thoughts.