Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Has anyone ever had an apology in relation to the accusation?

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
People and organisations who do not apologise for their errors, I believe have something to hide. Mostly it is out of a desire to protect fragile egos or a failing to learn from mistakes, otherwise it is baffling to fathom out peoples reasons. It is scary because it makes us question our own judgment. Any person who considers that they are at fault, from an action, might fear that in admitting an error it is admitting great weakness. On the contrary, apologies are a sign of strength and an opportunity (a bridge to cross) to move forward.

Section 2 of the 'Compensation Act 2006' (that protects civil cases from injurious bent) restates and reinforces the common law position, that an apology does not amount to an admission of liability. The amendments to Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) r14.1, after a High Court Judgement was made in 2014, formalises the process of making an admission of liability prior to commencement of any proceedings. This indemnifies the process of liability.

Last edited:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
yes - but these are police and CPS we are talking about. their motto might be "never explain, never apologise"

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
When I am dreadfully angry I draw/paint to relax me or go and polish the car! Guess which I did today? This is a post card I send to the Police with little quips. They know it is me. With a post card it is open to anyone viewing it, every mail room boy/girl, every postman/postwomen etc,. I'm hoping that one day they will ask permission to use it to identify with the latest research (given by the Office of National Statistics - June 2019) on people's respect for the Police. One in three adults has absolutely No Respect for the Police in the UK . . . . . . and do not see them as under resourced.

Attachments

Last edited:

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
give another cop a gun with ten bullets and the one on the left would be dead - the other two unhurt.