Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Had a bad lawyer?

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
If so there is more than one thing you can do about it,
but guidance starts here - http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page

and you can also sue - google solicitors who will act against other solicitors and you come up with a few names - be good to hear the insiders gossip though - who is the most often sued - which firms would other lawyers use... ?

any other advice positively welcomed here...

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
Funnily enough I'm actually in the process of reporting my solicitor to both the SRA and the Legal Ombudsman at the moment. I can't name them publicly for obvious legal reasons - they could sue me for defamation.. But I will say that they are a small firm with offices in Pontypridd and Cardiff. If I could turn back time and appoint a decent firm of solicitors at the beginning of my case then I would never have been remanded, I honestly don't even think I would have been charged, let alone prosecuted. And I would more likely than not still have my daughter with me.

You think that when you are innocent you don't necessarily need a big fancy lawyer to get you off the hook - but that's not how it works at all. As someone well known whose name escapes me once described it - you are going to battle against an organisation that is politically motivated to prosecute you no matter what - and has a seemingly unlimited amount of resources to do just that.

I do have a few more updates to post about my case, will put those up in the private area tomorrow.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
and in your case Matt - the argument about delay can be dismissed as being due to a continuation of the sometimes suicidal depression that the actions of that solicitor caused that has made you in an unfit state to take action since first contact with them...

They will have a hard time arguing that they cannot accept this...

Paddysmummy

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Ongoing
My son's lawyer actually got him a warrent issued for his arrest I text his lawyer to say police had been could he please get a time arranged for me to take my son to the police station where I'd meet him and an apporitare adult! 3pm then again at 9pm I had to ask again to get a reply saying he'd make arrangements and contact me he never did I left it a week maybe 2 contacted him again said look what's happening police not been back not heard from you am worried he's arrested at weekend and will need to lie all weekend still no reply this was from July 18th then find out on the 4th of Aug a warrent was issued for his arrest only found out cause I went to court to support a friend of my son .

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
and in your case Matt - the argument about delay can be dismissed as being due to a continuation of the sometimes suicidal depression that the actions of that solicitor caused that has made you in an unfit state to take action since first contact with them...

They will have a hard time arguing that they cannot accept this...
This is a large part of the problem for us victims. The forces ranged against us have unlimited powers and personnel to deploy once they get you in the crosshairs. But all we have s our own physical and mental powers. These are not only limited by nature, but broken down by the attacks made upon us. One thing this pub does is remind and assure us that we do have some power; we are not alone; it is possible - and even likely that we will win. This pub and its resources - yours and mine who come here - and those from outside who support us with encouragement and financial contributions form a powerful group. Perhaps more powerful than some of us imagine...