Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Guardian, rattled by Carl Beech wave of realisations - snaps out repeat lies... I bite back

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I wrote following seeing their front page - which went public online at 7:00 or so yesterday.
Since it is previously published material, this is not front page - or even "news" at all, it is clearly designed as a reaction against the wave of Carl Beech trial stories on false allegations :

Sirs/Madams

I am forced to write by my conscience, because you are being almost criminal in your failure to undertake proper journalism. You failed to respond properly before when it was pointed out, and now show utter disregard for genuine victims of injustice - The most disgraceful thing is that you have chosen to splash this false take on old statistics on the news-day morning after Carl Beech's disastrous impact upon the innocent victims of false allegations was read out in Newcastle Crown court as he was sentenced to 18 years.

This front page today could have revealed the truth about false allegations, but is instead a repeat of the dreadful manipulated cover up of rape prosecution reality that you have published more than once before.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jul/26/rape-cases-charge-summons-prosecutions-victims-england-wales

This is parroting of propaganda from the extreme idiot wing of what was once a movement for equality and fairness to which I belonged. It displays a bias against truth in favour of utterly mistaken outrage-seeking dogma. My Uncle John, who worked for you, would be turning in his grave to see the Guardian publishing this blinkered and dangerous myth promotion.

In case you casually threw away the government figures I previously sent you, I present the summary again. Perhaps you might get someone who understands statistics and analysis to glance at this and then look at the source material - the Crime Survey of England and Wales - and how it compares to the latest police rape report figures, (that you quote)...

Once you understand that the survey is a large sample, expensive, annual event, with resultant small margins for error, one of the most statistically reliable in the world, perhaps your reporters, Owen Bowcott and Caelainn Barr, and editors can explain to me -
how they square that front page travesty with this survey's reality?

The CSEW survey of women across the entire nation that shows:-
Actual rape numbers have stayed remarkably consistent over the past 20+ years (we all know that it is under reported so the survey takes anonymised self reports)
and most crucially, the % who report their actual rape incidents to the police has also been remarkably consistent, between 14% and 17% -

and then, we have the massive leap in reports to the police - extremely contrary to the survey, in a way that shouts one thing.
i.e. - these are fake reports -
and so, once you have cast aside the dogma, (some of which the CSEW narrative also brazenly parrots, in denial of its own results!) and seen the figures again, but with the knowledge that false allegations have become extremely common, you can see that the police and CPS are completely right NOT to prosecute any more people for crimes of rape - but many of those who have reported rape over the past 4 years should be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice.

Rape stats 2003 -18 with UKCS trend.jpg

I have spent some time discussing these figures with Dr Hannah Quirk, a law lecturer known to your pages,
and she initially argued back along the standard Women's Aid press release line - that false allegations are rare, and since we all accept that myth - these figures must be misinterpreted. She eventually accepted that, while the actual reports could include/add perhaps 6,000 historic cases and 350 male victims,
- that would still leave over 36,000 reports last year as not genuine.

Now she has looked at them harder - and she agrees that the exponential increase in reports simply does not match the reality of actual rapes and the number of women victims who say they report them - so she is promising to take a deeper dive.

I know, personally, about 200 of the 100,000+ falsely accused whose lives have been ruined by women like Jemma Beale, and men like Carl Beech. I also know there are many prematurely dead - from suicide, cancer, or other illnesses exacerbated by stress and subsequent immune system failures. I also know several rape victims - none of whom have gone to the police - all of whom are now living easier lives than those 200 falsely accused.

That you choose today to publish what are bare faced lies that attempt to excuse the liars who have exploited and wrecked the tilted playing field of "We Believe You", anonymity and compensation giveaways, and help them avoid the consequences of their actions - is beyond the pale.

I seek an apology
for these victims you consistently traduce... and this is far more important than the other ghastly consequence of this fakery - that it leads to fewer genuine rape cases being prosecuted. (Though I am sure that issue would be more likely to be of interest to your reporters.)

I seek a correction
and to find the Guardian swimming against the tide of bullshit propaganda, quoting meaningless percentages while the figures for the wrongly convicted and falsely accused are swept under the carpet,
...and actually studying, then publishing, the truth.
something in keeping with CP Scott's idea of what is sacred.

regards

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Excellent. Sometimes I am close to despair.

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
i must agree , anger and dispair are setting in.
thankyou for this excellent report.

millroly

Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
My GP once queried my mental state. "Are you depressed, do you think?" he asked. "No" said I, "Just fucking angry!" (sorry to anyone who is of a tender disposition). It is the only time I have ever sworn in the presence of my doctor.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
never mind tender dispositions, excellent use of emphasis I feel, - it perfectly underlines the key difference between depression and anger
(for the sake of the often rather glib and non empathetic doctors)

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Yup. We are pioneers. Not by choice or preference (it can be a lonesome trek).
Loyalty is a funny thing. Despite all the crap coming from the established groups over the years, It's still hard to break free. But on the occasions when I've managed to do that, and I've realised what I've escaped from is the clutches of the Self Preservation Society, a whole new world has opened up.

I'm learning to judge and weigh every phrase and nuance from my persecutors (oh, and yes, it is not unfounded paranoia), and not to start from a position of naïve trust and belief when I get a communication from the bishop or one of the high-ups.

As for the GP. The only medication for righteous anger that I know about 9and you won't get this from the drug companies) is 'Prophecy'. So I prophesy!

It doesn't make me less angry, but by God, it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning and confront the bastards. Also, it frees me from slavery to patronage to find my own way.