Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

freedom

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
hi every body, it is a very good morning for me and my family. the reason being that i have been found not guilty of all of eight charges of historical sexual abuse with a child going back forty years..
i have not been on line for some time , we were all on a waiting game. now we can start to fight for others.
at court, my accuser lied, the police lied, the prosecuting barrister twisted all the evidence and even asked if i was making a confession. my defence team were very good and made a very good case for my defence. the judge was a gentleman and we could tell from his comments at the summing up who he believed . he even told me to sit with my family and not in the dock.
my family, who i am extremly proud of, stood by me all the way, as did all my friends from around the village.
the court staff were very friendly and helped through out the trial which lasted all week. the ladies from the witness support were always on hand to help and look after us.
what amazing people ,all volunteers.
so,now is the time to relax and recover.

my best regards

charley [pete hawthorne ]

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Hey Pete,

very pleased to see this, including the line, fight for others, that's very pleasing to me -
and on a side note - very glad you got to be outside the dock. As I said to your son, there is no law or even court rule that says defendants must sit there... and it is always best to be seen as an equal to the lawyers in the courtroom setting ( apart from the fact that in many docks you cannot hear what the heck the lawyers are saying!)

So have a great relax and recover - my wife and I splashed out on a holiday to Rome when my case crashed and burned.
Then came the party for the fellow falsely accused, plans formed - and then the film, then this web site
Whatever you decide to do - I hope it all goes swimmingly. (my favourite word)

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
many thanks patrick, my mind is still low flying. today we are going to a camp site for a get together with my son. he is bringing the cider.
my wife will have to drive home.
good look to all my freinds out there. we know what it is like.

regards pete.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Dear Pete, this is very good news indeed. It's so good also to see you staying with the fight for justice.

It can't be said too often that ordinary people who have not been through this process find it hard to believe the corruption in the police, the incompetence and lack of care and commitment to what is right, and for victims of a faceless legal system. They find it hard to accept the simple fact that accusers sometimes tell lies in court, and that the police and justice system is fully geared to making whoever is charged confess to it - even though they are innocent.
Most people are comfortable, un-challenged by any of this. They prefer (and I understand that) to believe that all is well in the state of the UK. It's very unsettling to start to recognise that they may not actually be safe at all.
People do not want to be warned that tomorrow - or even tonight while watching 'Family Guy' - someone could be
Knocking on their door,
taking away their children,
Emptying their life-savings
Laying waste to family and friendship circles built-up painstakingly over a lifetime,
and rendering them homeless,
Jobless,
Reputation shredded and good name totally trashed,
Putting them in a cell for fifteen years,
Driving them to suicide, bizarre uncharacteristic behaviour and thoughts of revenge and murder,
…and a thousand other things

- all because of a vengeful liar or a delusional fantasist or just simply someone's after making a quick buck, and are unconditionally believed by the state apparatus.
It's hard to believe, and even harder for them to digest. They don't want to think about it.
But this is the story. This is your story, Pete, our story too. This is the cause - yours and ours. This is what we now do, and, when all's said and done, this is justice.

Daniel Janner QC said at the FACT Spring Conference that he had learned more about the UK justice system since his father was falsely accused than he had learned in a lifetime at the bar. He was not using hyperbole. He meant it. Well you've also had that education, just as we have.

So do have a good restorative break and relax. Get your strength back - and come back into the ring, having been through the training, with your gloves on. We have some battles to contend with and some enemies to defeat.

Last edited:

charley

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
hi patrick, yes please. just in case some one takes offence. we cannot have that.
regards pete.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
think it was Daniel Janner QC - the edit function is there - do you want me to correct as admin?
Job done. Don't know where that came from. Senior moment probably. X

Last edited: