Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Defending ourselves - "If only I knew then what I know now"

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I have just got off the phone with Dr Kevin Felstead of the British False Memory Society - a star you need to know about.

One of my longest term contacts via the accused.me forum who came a long way to my 10th March 2018 filming party in Stroud and became a friend, is in the worst situation and I have called Kevin in to help...thank goodness I knew about him and what he can do...

All of us, that I know of, have come to, or been through, this position of being the potential/actual target of the witch-hunting mob - and that mob can include, very much so, the police and social services. They may not get as crude as the Hunter Stinson types, they don't have to - they can do much worse.
They can, and do, abuse the law to frame us as abusers and rapists and sometimes put innocent people in prison as a result.
and that is all they are interested in, "Results".
To the police - anyone they get to prison,
anyone they get to court - is a result.
They hate it when those results get reversed.

How do we use what we learn (here and elsewhere) to help defend and protect people from such heinous injustices?
What can we do to protect ourselves - and then use that learning to pass on to others?
We can discover ever so suddenly and dramatically - that the police and social services, who are supposed to help us innocent people and protect us from dangerous criminals, are in fact the most dangerous criminals we will ever face?

Discussion is wanted and examples most welcome -
I will be back, in replies, to detail many of the lessons I have learned (Since I was charged I have been a determined researcher and sponge for knowledge), - and the first one is to seek out those who have been through it before and discover what they did, what tactics worked and failed, and who they used to help them end the persecution...

Like many of you I am sure have also said,
"If only I knew then what I know now".

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I hope by now people have spread the word to any, all and sundry, that
the police may pretend to be your friends - but they are not,
you are a wounded baby lion,
They are hyenas.

Hyenas.jpg

Simon Clark is one of the rare examples where he states that they were actually honestly on his side during the process -
but only on his side whilst lazily allowing the obviously fake case to continue for 6 months driving him crazy to the point of being suicidal -
some friends...

The public, your friends and allies, need to know it can happen to them, and what to do when it does.

During the making of "We Believe You" we have come across many who are justifiably scared - and that fear can include the idea that raising your head above the parapet may make the police come back after you again - and while this has happened - it has happened mostly to those who have been found not guilty, or previously wrongly convicted, and those who beat the frame up prior to getting to court.
And this has happened despite the fact that they never raised their heads, never made an official complaint, never went public, never did what Liam Allan, myself, Steve and others have now decided to do...
Even when they had hidden away from public and police eyes, making no complaints, fighting no battles - the police have come for them again - like Hyenas returning to their wounded prey...

And here is where Dr Felstead agreed with me on the tactics that have the best chance of preventing this...
Going public.
By my speaking at his society's annual conference, and then at the International conference on Men's issues, publishing the video of that, and being in the press and making our film - far from making renewed police attacks more likely - we have reduced that likelihood.
By placing the enemy actions firmly in public vision, it is much harder for them to attack again,
it would be much more obvious what their motivation is and there would be a pack of lions coming to the defence of their wounded ally...
So the hyenas run away instead.

There are exceptions to this advice - many have difficult situations with members of their families being the accusers, and sometimes members of local criminal families - and their reaction to going public can be violent... These situations have more complex solutions, especially if the criminals are in league with the local police (much more common than anyone of us dared to think while watching "Line of Duty" - all those years of naivety) there have to be solutions, but they are ones I have yet to discover.

This is by way of an explanation for why I decided to make the film, and why so many decided to join me in putting their stories out there.
During the times of being charged, getting the case dropped, and planning the film, I found out:-

a) just how common these fake stories of rape and abuse are, and the way they have been enabled and encouraged
b) just how skewed the research base on this topic is by myths embedded by the Jail-the-rapists #FalseFeminist culture
c) all the various tricks the police use to try and twist the case to get a "result"
d) that while there are some good lawyers, you really need to check them out before committing, because private or legal aid - they can be shit
e) that getting allies isn't just about support from others, like in the forums, it is about gaining knowledge and tactics.
f) that PTSD is real, and there is no point in thinking you can return to your previous life, only rebuild a scarred and initially fragile new one.

Fill the rest of this alphabet of bullet points!

Last edited: