Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

De-platforming (or being refused work)

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I am an educator and a public speaker. These are aspects of my profession as a priest.
BUT.
I was Falsely Accused, and although wrongfully prosecuted and given an apology by the court for that wrongful prosecution (my accuser was a mentally ill fantasist), I am still denied work.
I know I am not alone in this.
I and you will never know whether it's because I was falsely accused or whether for any other reason I am refused work, but I do have powerful reasons for believing the former.
Here is an example of correspondence I received just this afternoon.
A reply to my proposal for a series of seminars at the 2019 'New Wine' Christian festival in Leicester:

New Wine Seminar Proposal Form 2019

This form is for people who are requesting to speak at a New Wine Summer Conferences. This form does not guarantee a seminar slot or any other opportunity but will mean you will be considered for Summer 2019.

Name of speaker Revd. Dr. Roy Catchpole

Are you representing a charity / Organization? YES

If Yes which one? Falsely Accused Carers and Teachers (F.A.C.T.) Board Member.

Will you be attending New Wine? To deliver seminar.

If yes which week? Either or both weeks.

Seminar title: Falsely Accused: (Based on my book of the same title).

Seminar aim: To raise awareness of, and provide tools for surviving false allegations.

What would the seminar cover (Please keep it brief).

Christian Victory in the #MeToo Culture.

Experience and numbers of falsely accused.

Vigilantes, suicide, false imprisonment and miscarriages of justice.

Motives for false allegations of sexual crime

The UK justice system, cuts in funding for legal aid, police procedure.

Accuser = ‘Victim’ and Accused = ‘Perpetrator’.

Guilty until proven innocent: Magna Carta.

Biblical instances of sexual crime and false accusing.

The conviction and imprisonment of innocent men.

Jesus: the innocent falsely accused.

This just happens to be this particular nationally well-known group of powerful and influential churches - it could equally apply to any school, university, or group of educators anywhere in the country.
This Proposal was made in the current ethos of refusal to acknowledge the issue of false allegations and innocent accused persons. It could not be more relevant as a seminar topic for a group that prides itself in keeping its subject-matter contemporary.
But WE are NOT heard. We are not noticed. We are urged to hide away and shut up
In my particular case, I find it especially galling because the churches claim to follow a Leader who was martyred on the word of a false accuser!
The fact that we innocents are gagged is a national shame and a blot on our legal and moral systems. Yes, I am angry. But I will not stay silent. Neither must you!

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
I have no doubt that my arrest prevented me getting 3 jobs I went for.
and that now, the police are maliciously lying simply to try and stop me getting work (I have the proof in their adjustments to the DBS records) because they "lost" the case...
The Church's own fear of upsetting the feminist dogmacart and appearing to be soft on employing these vile perpetrators who have clearly been riding into town on their flying unicorns and raping virgin children who then magically appear intact again, the day after, lies at the heart of their troubles...

but then believing in magic is a bit of a problem for the churches I reckon. ;)

anonymityme

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted, Family Member
It’s not just the accused who this happens to. I am now unemployable by association and the google effect 😞

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
It’s not just the accused who this happens to. I am now unemployable by association and the google effect 😞
This is one of the things we need to emphasise as defining sexual crime allegations as a witch hunt.
What other crimes have this creation of the untouchable spouse, the need to remove children, - ?
There is nothing like the crime of falsely accusing someone - which ends up being an accusation against the whole family with these disastrous consequences.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I have no doubt that my arrest prevented me getting 3 jobs I went for.
and that now, the police are maliciously lying simply to try and stop me getting work (I have the proof in their adjustments to the DBS records) because they "lost" the case...
The Church's own fear of upsetting the feminist dogmacart and appearing to be soft on employing these vile perpetrators who have clearly been riding into town on their flying unicorns and raping virgin children who then magically appear intact again, the day after, lies at the heart of their troubles...

but then believing in magic is a bit of a problem for the churches I reckon. ;)
You have a way with words, Patrick, that never fails to amuse, encourage and inspire me. Bless you, Matey.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Hi anonymityme. I guess it would be remiss of me to ask if you've investigated getting the rubbish removed from Google. But if you have, do you have anything to say about it? :unsure:

jonnyfox

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
No Further Action
Hi anonymityme. I guess it would be remiss of me to ask if you've investigated getting the rubbish removed from Google. But if you have, do you have anything to say about it? :unsure:
I've had some luck with Google removals, some good, mostly bad. It's always worth a shot though. search for it on a search engine that's not google as they try to keep it a secret!

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
I've had some luck with Google removals, some good, mostly bad. It's always worth a shot though. search for it on a search engine that's not google as they try to keep it a secret!
Nice one Johnny. Thanks. If I come up with anything I'll post it.

anonymityme

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Yes - we’ve got some removed but it took forever and they refused to move some that were identical to others! MP has said she will help but it was very time consuming and other priorities have taken over but we will try again soon.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
Yes - we’ve got some removed but it took forever and they refused to move some that were identical to others! MP has said she will help but it was very time consuming and other priorities have taken over but we will try again soon.
...and so it goes on. That's part of the problem We don't hold the reins. Sometimes it's all we can do survive. Like the rest of us, I guess, iwjilst it's good to know one another, and here we meet some great people, none of us would choose to be here.:confused:

Daz Lav

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
Up shit street with no paddle for past five years. Google is being approached but jeeze they're not keen.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
To me the only realistic option, (and I say this as if it isn't about as real as me getting £1 million from a Hollywood offer for the movie...)
is getting bigger publicity for something else that will be above it in the Google ratings...

as soon as the original negative bullshit is relegated to page 3 because how the first 12 google searches are stories of you've just beaten the police in court and sent 2 of theirs to jail, then life has truly turned a corner...

Not asking much am I...

Senga

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Ongoing
I too am disqualified by association. My career for the last 40 years has always been with vulnerable children and adults, (SEN teacher and childminder). Looking outside the box for work. Never thought of the problems that Google must bring to others. Must be awful, and I have nothing constructive to say in that matter. Sorry

anonymityme

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
I am sorry you have also suffered in this way. Disqualification by association has gone for school staff and staff in external settings now (since end of August) but obviously not childminders as they are looking after children in their own homes. So you could return to work in schools.
However, I am personally still hindered by Google and the unofficial disqualification by association which remains attached to my name. It is still possible to pursue such work if you have avoided this.

Senga

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Ongoing
Oh wow, I hadn't realised, thank you. I will look into schools, we lost our business as we were told I probably acted in collusion, but this gives me hope. I do hope you get yours sorted. Take care

anonymityme

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Oh wow, I hadn't realised, thank you. I will look into schools, we lost our business as we were told I probably acted in collusion, but this gives me hope. I do hope you get yours sorted. Take care
Hope that you find new hope and opportunities. Best wishes