Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News another in the long line of "no offence" - but no action against False claimant.

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted

I have seen so many of these - and yes, I know that without them naming someone as the "rapist" the worst they can do at the moment is "Wasting police time", summary charges...
But the thing we need is to get the many methods of preventing false accusers from having a free ride into the public interest...currently the politicians and law system regard such women as a protected species.

Roy catchpole

Senior Patron
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Other
We had one recently in Sherborne. I happen to know the accuser as she used to attend a local 'excluded pupils' project that I am a trustee of. She had sex with an underage lad early in the morning ion a patch of grass in the centre of the town, later regretted it, and fearful that the lad would boast to his schoolmates that he had shagged her, got in first and accused him of raping her. In this case the lass confessed to one of the workers and put her hands up to the police. The consequences for her victim of course could have been much worse than they were in the event. She received' a good talking-to', whereas his life could have been totally wrecked. She was herself an excluded and mal-treated lass, and the whole thing is just sad...