Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A furry distraction

Matt

Brewmaster
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Wrongfully Convicted
I've just got back from taking my cat Smartie to the vets, she's such a dear soul - seems to cling to me quite a bit for reassurance in her old age. Not quite sure what's going on with her at the moment, whether she's picked up a little infection or whether it's just stress, but she's been having some bladder trouble and as a massive animal lover (big softy) - I can't help but worry and turn into Dr. Google - researching all the different ways that I can try and help her to feel better.

Here's a pic - Smartie was jet black and then her sister Treacle passed away a few years ago. Treacle was tortoiseshell colour and when she passed away, Smartie became two-toned, adopting some of her sisters colours in two-tone. Call me daft, I always thought that was rather sweet.

DSCN0066.JPG

My other bestest buddy Jasper passed away earlier this year, the nicest dog you could ever meet - he had unusual colours too. I've always thought that animals are expert readers of emotion, there were times after I came out of prison in February that I'd just sit up late and a tear or two would begin to well - and like a sixth sense over they both would come to cheer me up.

Here's a pic of Jasper in his element.
DSCF0430.JPG

Anyone else have any furry animal friends who just make your world go round?

Patrick

Barman
Staff member
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Acquitted
nice

it's bloody cold in this beer garden tonight - let;s light up the firepit thingy -
i have had a few glasses of red and am off to bed shortly - but it is great to see old friends here in the pub...
and we can launch a thousand ships/battles/campaigns from here - knowing that once we are verified and in the members only areas - no pigs or crown wannabes can sneak in and wreck the craic.

JohnH

Regular
Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
We lived on a boat for 10 years - the only time we didn't have pets. We moved ashore about 5 years ago and still didn't get any pets because we wanted to travel and didn't think it was fair to subject pets to periodic abandonment. Early this year a stray hung out in out garden. He got locked in the garage one night and instead of just chasing him out I did a 'here, kitty, kitty and he came running to me for a head-scratch. He seemed more like an abandoned pet than a street cat - but he was a good hunter. We didn't feed him for a couple of weeks while we tried to find his owner (he still ate pretty well with baby birds and lizards in the garden). Didn't have any luck finding an owner so allowed him to officially adopt us. He became Sunny with 3 square meals a day but also kept up his diet of anything else he could find. He ballooned to more than double his weight so we decided he needed exercise and the best solution was a companion - so we adopted a kitten too. A little livewire who quickly earned his name - Sparky. They seem to get on pretty well together - and they're of course, adorable.

818559C6-B0A4-4BF8-B91E-BDF66E2517CB-1.jpg

I once had a Border Collie Daz - what amazing, smart dogs they are. He would herd anything - even piling up stones if nothing else was available.

Jillyoftheuk

Verified
Reaction score
Status
Family Member
Lost our old boy round about this time last year ( he was born in my lounge 16 years previous) cant find pic but he was a mongrel very much loved as was his mum. Being a mongrel we had no health problems with him. I have his ashes in my craft room and kiss the box ❤. We have taken on my youngest sons Labrador he's the same age as my youngest grandson just over two been to the vets several times already !! He's good as gold with the grandkids my son his partner but he will bite anyone else ! Bit my sister 3 times but he's ok out and with other dogs!!... hubby spoils him 😅 it will be interesting what happens when my boys home...😁

Attachments